Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yeah, yeah...

It's kinda funny, if you ask me. I mean, I'm all for Obama and all that, he's pretty goddamn cool at rhetoric (though I thought his inaugural address was a bit long) and he's defo much cooler than Bush / Hillary / Whatever. But my Danish Facebook friends going "Go Obama", "I love you Obama" or "Yes we can" or whatever, I don't get. I mean, they wouldn't in a million years have voted for the dude, if he entered the Danish elections!? Oh, well, who cares. And speaking of rhetoric, isn't it strange that we (for like a million years) have been so keen on this repeating thing (3 is always best)? Here's Obama:
For us, they packed up their few worldly possessions and traveled across oceans in search of a new life.
For us, they toiled in sweatshops and settled the West; endured the lash of the whip and plowed the hard earth.

For us, they fought and died, in places like Concord and Gettysburg; Normandy and Khe Sahn.

Cicero would've done the same thing (but then again; who cares, here's a vid for Jpg-manja).

No comments: