Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Canadian videos

I don't know why I hadn't heard of Elevator to Hell (later renamed Elevator Through, and now just Elevator) before a few weeks ago. The band is an offspring of one of my favourite teen obsessions Eric's Trip, so I was kinda bewildered when I suddenly stumbled upon this other band that I had never heard of via Myspace. Anyways, it's not quite as good as Eric's Trip, but their mix between lo-fi indierock and some very psychelic stuff is interesting to say the least. They've released a very large number of albums, cd-r's etc. etc. (and they're apparently recording a new LP or EP at the moment) and you can hear some of it on their myspace. Or perhaps watch this video:



And here's some Eric's Trip too (this song is immensely cool, please listen to the drums!):



And what the heck, here's a Julie Doiron video too (very art girl stuff, but the song's a good one):


No comments: